Nolu's – The Galleria
Abu Dhabi, UAE
As the Future Food consultant to Gulf Related for The Galleria luxury shopping mall, Abu Dhabi, Francis Loughran worked with the owners of the established and well respected Nolu’s restaurant at Al Bandar, Abu Dhabi. Future Food’s role was to advise on how best to develop this iconic café that had earned it’s reputation by combining a modern café menu with the flavours of traditional Afghan food. Nolu’s Cafe located within Downtown Galleria Mall, provides a taste of Afghanistan but with a modern American twist inspired by owner, Marjan Ajami’s Afghan-American heritage. The cafe has a relaxed feel to it, which is perhaps why it is a place where His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, has often been spotted. Even Britain’s ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair, has been seen eating here.
Future Food’s brief from the client was clear – to work alongside Marjan to elevate Nolu’s to the next level and use a customer-centric focus to transform the menu and service styles so they aligned to the needs and wants of the The Galleria’s wide range of discerning customers.
- Undertake a restaurant and café study tour to London
- Nolu’s Concept Review of the Al Bandra restaurant
- Develop Food Concept Briefs for Nolu’s and Nolu’s Take Away at The Galleria
- Develop Design Briefs for Paul Bishop Design
- Menu Development
- Design Review and Spatial Planning
- Service Sequence and Spend Mapping
- Visual Merchandising Programme
- Pre-opening Planning and Sales Maximisation