Graphic Designer/ Finishing Artist ($55,000 - $65,000 + Super)
Recent Graduate or 3 Years Practical Experience - Full Time Position
To design, format and refine a full suite of visual media for a boutique Food & Hospitality Consultancy.
Future Food is a market leading consultancy specialising in food and hospitality destinations, globally. With over 20 years’ experience, we have built our reputation the development of extraordinary destinations and food experiences that complement our clients’ vision. Well known examples of our projects include the Emporium Melbourne, Westfield Sydney and The Dubai Mall.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer / Finishing Artist to assist our consultant team in creating, formatting and refining beautifully designed reports, proposals, presentations and infographics. Additional input is required for magazine articles, advertisements, brochures, brand presentation and all visual I.P of the company.
The applicant with experience will ideally have three or more years industry experience as a Graphic Designer / Finishing Artist and have experience working with (but not limited to):
- Report and proposal establishment, design & development.
- Brand Identity (development & management): Brochures, mail blogs, website maintenance, letterhead & business card production etc.
- Marketing Media Development: Advertisement design & development, editorial proof and layout etc.
- A structured office environment with professional protocol and systems.
As a common resource for a team of consultants, you must be able to work well under pressure, have a flexible attitude, and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
An understanding of food & retail as well as a passion for F&B would be highly regarded.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A tertiary qualification in Graphic Design or equivalent
- A high standard of competency in the Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat)
- A high standard of competency in the Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc.)
- Exceptional attention to visual detail, aesthetic quality & proofing documents
- Creativity in report and document templates, presentation and innovation
- A high level of general I.T literacy
- Pre-press and print production knowledge
- An enthusiastic team player with a positive attitude – everyday!
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise and manage workflow under pressure- We meet all deadlines!
- An understanding of Mac and PC platforms
An additional knowledge base on the following platforms would be an advantage:
- Mail Chimp
- Silver Light CMS
- Video Editing
How to apply
Please email a cover letter stating why you would be perfect for the position, along with your resume and portfolio (no bigger than 10mb) to email@example.com with the subject line 'Job Application: Graphic Designer/Finishing Artist'
Future Food will only respond to applicants who are successful in reaching the next stage of the interview process.