Consultant- Retail Food, Food Service & Restaurant Operations (Melbourne - Salary $80-100k + Super + Bonus Opportunity)
Career Advancement: Building on your extensive operational experience
Future Food is a food, restaurant & hospitality consultancy with over twenty-five years’ experience in national and international consulting. It is renowned for developing innovative strategic and operational solutions to a wide network of clients including shopping centres, property developers, asset and development managers, mixed use developments, airports, clubs and retail food.
Our projects encompass food & beverage master planning, operational reviews, concept development, management of F&B tender processes and retail support programs, we are uncompromising on our expectation for quality, excellence and timely implementation.
Due to a growth in our business we are seeking an experienced industry professional that has a solid background in all areas of operational management and the business of food to join our team. The role requires the consultant to be competent in all areas of operational management, best practice standards and current food trends relating to cafes, restaurants, retail food and fresh food.
Key tasks in the role would include:
- Food retailer training and mentoring, small business coaching
- KPI Assessment and Retailer Financial Health Reviews
- Report writing – Clearly articulating observations, outcomes and solutions through written and photographic media. Examples of these types of reports include:
- Operational Reviews & Recommendations – F&B Retailer Assessments
- Menu Development & Reviews
- Concept Development & Reviews
- Operational Standards Manuals
- Tenancy Design Reviews & Recommendations
We are seeking motivated professionals with excellent operational skills who are keen to grow, develop and advance a career in retail food consulting. You will possess:
- A minimum ten years of operational management experience in retail food / contract catering / restaurants
- Tertiary qualification in hospitality, retail food, business or similar management disciplines
- Experience in one on one mentoring, training and small business coaching
- An ability to produce multi-dimensional reports that communicate clearly and creatively to the client; the position statement, food and beverage mix, key planning considerations, sustainable volumes
- An ability to read and comment upon architecture plans/ review designs
- Knowledge of, and an interest in current food trends, lifestyle and placemaking
- An eye for detail, with an ability to critically assess operational performance against best practice standards
- Client management expertise; liaising with clients, consultants and industry professionals at all levels in relation to all projects, to maintain and nurture excellent client relations
- Flexibility to travel domestically as required
- Established proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint at a minimum and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is an advantage
In addition to an attractive salary package, you will be rewarded with exposure to a broad spectrum of interesting and challenging projects around Australia and the globe.
All applications will be treated confidentially and may be sent to email@example.com with the subject line 'Application: Retail Food Operations - Consultant'. Please include your CV as well as a cover letter (in .pdf or .doc format) outlining why you would be an ideal candidate for the role.
Australian citizens or permanent residents only.